Tuesday, August 3, 2010

So I thought it might be time for a update.

So far I have lost 16lbs. 10lbs on the liver shrinking diet and 6lbs since the surgery.

How am I feeling?
Quite honestly kinda like crap. I have zero energy. But I am sure that is because I am having trouble getting in the amount of liquid/food the Dr.s want me to. That situation is getting better everyday though and I am able to eat/drink more and more. Peter has reminded me on several occasions that I need to drink more protein. So I am adding protein to my instant breakfast shakes now. Hoping that too will help.
By night walking up the staircase makes me dizzy and just feel weird. I made Sophie some scrambled eggs and a hot dog last night (I know horrible dinner, but it is what I could do) and I swear it almost laid me out! That being said, the dinners my friends have brought to us have been life savers. Poor Peter is running like a mad man to try and be both Liz and Pete. I think he might be ready to just be Pete again!

I have also heard that once I start food, I should expect to possibly gain or not lose weight for a few days. That is because your liver is like a sponge and it sucks up everything it can. Being that I already have a fatty liver (reason for the biopsy) I guess mine really likes to suck!

Also, I never ever thought it would be this hard. I mean I new it would be hard, but I never knew I would miss chewing food, cooking and everything to do with food. I know the most of it is psychological, so I am working through it. I am craving meat. Ham, Fish, Beef, Chicken any of it!!! I am a full believer if you crave something for a long time it is because your body needs it. So maybe I need some iron? Only a few more weeks!

Stay tuned there should be another post this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment