Wednesday, August 4, 2010

****Amber Alert*******

I am issuing an Amber Alert, because I finally lost my kids. Now mind you, if you find them, keep 'em they are yours, because baby I ain't carrying them around no more! I FINALLY WEIGH THE SAME AS I DID BEFORE I GOT PREGGO WITH EITHER BAMBINO!!!!! I just took a shot of protein shake in my medicine cup for that one!

Today I am down 18lbs. That is crazy! 18lbs in 20 days! 8lbs of that in 6 days! I do not expect for this to keep on, but I will take it while I can! I do hear stories that TOMORROW (yes, damn right tomorrow) when I eat a little food again, I might gain a few. It will be temporary and it comes from that pesky liver again. It sucks up everything bad for you like fat, cholesterol and sodium and holds on to it, until you assure it there ain't no more holdin' on! Also, tomorrow I get to drive again! Ahhhhhhh haaaaaaaa (did the Heavens just part over your head too?) My big trip? Taking Finn to the sitters and running to the bank.

Only problems today is my left shoulder and side are killing me! This happened in the hospital and for a few days after due to the gas they pump into your abdominal cavity in order to do surgery. It kinda feels like that, but more like when you get a stitch in your side. So I just wish it would go away. Other than that, today is great. More energy (no naps so far!) and I made some Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup for lunch and was able to eat a few of the noodles and most of the carrots. It was crazy to get actual bulk food again. You see, I had been worried that I had some kind of crazy non- working, manufacturer reject band, because I have been so hungry for the last few days. But seeing that about 1/2 cup of soup with a few piece of real food filled me up, makes me believe the people at Lap-Band are in fact not trying to screw me over!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome news! Glad to hear that you are getting back to yourself. Just remember that slow and steady wins the race. Can't wait until we can have our monthly dinners again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete