Saturday, July 31, 2010

Things they are a changing.....


Hello everyone! Wow what a wild ride it has been. The hospital was OK, but I definitely would not like to do it again anytime soon! I got the lap Band and while they were in there they fixed a hernia (which we did not know I had) and took a liver biopsy. Needless to say I feel if I did not have the hernia operation I would be doing a lot better. That thing hurts!

Because of the hernia I am fully aware of anything that tries to go down or up my esophagus, including air. Did I already say it hurts! Moving on, I know it is just a short time until it feels better!

So right now I am living on liquids. Pretty much water, SF Boost or Carnation instant breakfast and LF, low sodium cream of mushroom or chicken soup. Now let me tell you, of those things I eat very little in quantity. I have probably had since Wednesday night around 10pm 15oz of juice, 10oz of soup and 20oz of shakes. CRAZY! Today around lunch I ate/drank about 5 oz of shake, then about 40 minutes later I tried to eat 4 oz of soup and almost threw up from too much food. It will definitely take time to work up to the levels needed to sustain a person. Oh and yes I am not hungry, again crazy! I woke up after sleeping today slightly hungry, but it is cured quickly with like 2oz of something. I also have to drink everything out of a medicine cup (like the one above). It is to make you learn how to sip the right amount and learn portion control, again CRAZY!
So far my only freak out was Friday morning at the hospital. They wanted me to take a percocet tablet instead of morphine through the IV. No problem except I was terrified to swallow the pill. Even chopped into 4 piece it took me 45 minutes to get it down. I was so scared it would get stuck! It didn't but man was I scared. It is starting to hurt when I take them where the hernia was repaired so tonight Pete is going to crush them for me. I also miss chewing food, but I get to chew again on Friday. So no worries.

Funny stuff: The anaesthesia nurse had the nerve to tell me about his Haggen Daz addiction and his love of popcorn as he was prepping me for surgery! I mean the nerve! Then he started talking about Micheal Jackson! OK dude MJ died from anaesthesia! I mean I know he used it wrong, but still you are wheeling me into an operating room and getting ready to put me under! I made sure to tell him I did not want any MJ milk! Thanks for all the love and support! I really love all my friends and family and could NOT do this with them!

1 comment:

  1. That's my girl. So proud of you. You are a real trooper. Do as you're told. Enjoy being pampered. You've been through a lot and deserve it. We're here if you need us. Tish

    P.S. I'm anonymous because I can't remember my password and every time I try to get them to send it to me I never receive anything.

    ReplyDelete