Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vanilla Ice Ice baby




The scale. A tiny little thing in the grand scheme of things. But this tiny little thing is capable of pulling so many emotions from us! If you step on it and the numbers go down then it shear jubilation! Let those numbers go up or even stay the same, then despair.

Earlier in the the week when I stepped on the scale I literally would do a little dance, step off and feel instantly lighter and better about myself. I felt like a 3 Musketeers bar floating around in one of their commercials. Heaven!

The last two days, well I'm ain't dancing a jig, I ain't dancing at all. The scale will not budge! I hate this! I know it is not scientifically possible for the damn thing to not move. I weigh a lot, I eat about 800 calories a day. I should lose some weight! I just checked out www.caloriecontrol.org and found that a person my age, height and body weight needs 2727.4 a day to maintain their current weight.
OK, well it takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound of fat. So lets do the math here 2727-800=1927. So if my math is right (and if you know me it probably is not) then I should lose at least a pound every two days. Anyways, what I am getting at is I need to CHILL THE &(#$ OUT! I know I suck up water like a sponge and more than likely this is all water and I will wake up in the next few days and BOOM 4lbs will be gone. But man it is hard to not see the scale move. The other reason it is weighing on me, (ha! no pun intended), is the Nurse Practitioner told me she expected me to lose 10lbs. I am almost to 9lbs, with 2 days left. So I am crossing my fingers that I make it. I might try and walk on the treadmill tonight, because food wise there is no more I can do. I am watching sodium, calories, fat, sugar and carbs, so there is really no more to watch food wise.

So for now I will just chill!

1 comment:

  1. That darn scale! What is amazing is what you accomplished over the last two weeks. I don't think I could do 800 cals a day. UGH! I can't imagine how difficult it was, but you did it!! Great job!! Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back for that one!

    ReplyDelete