Thursday, January 20, 2011

Is that a Seroma on your port or are you just happy to see me......

Cybil Cybil Cybil!  (that's it's name, the band that is). Today I went in for my first post op fill.  I requested it happen under floroscope due to the pain that I am having that is literally keeping me up at night.  I was sure Cybil's counterpart, the port, had flipped.  But no the problem is a seroma and a hematoma.  I guess around the port is a large pocket of fluid (seroma) and a larger bruise (hematoma).  So I was able to get a fill!  Yay! After the needle was removed, a large amount of the seroma's fluid drained too.  So hopefully tonight will be better.  I am supposed to take it easy until Monday, lots of liquid ibuproben and heating pads. 

I am back on the *dun dun dun* dreaded liquid diet. I wish I had the Soup Nazi nearby! But I am excited about this in a way, because starting Sunday when I advance to the soft mushy stage I am going to start measuring in my little 4 oz cup.  I NEVER measured before (shhhhhhh don't tell). Hopefully this will lead to more weight loss as I have basically been at a stand still for a month and half trying to get Cybil fixed.   I found this great blog today, http://www.bandfriendlyrecipes.com can't wait to try some of their recipes and tips. 

That's about it for now.  I will let you know when I lose some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment