Friday, January 7, 2011

Grow up little girl!

You know things, life,people etc we are all funny.  In your 20's you think you own the world.  You know more than anyone else, you DESERVE everything, you WANT everything, and no one can tell you anything differenet.  You come into your 30's learning more about yourself.  At least I have.  I figured out my temper and how to more or less control it.  I know my fears, my boundaries, some of my limitations, lots of my short comings, things I soar at accomplishing and in general what I want out of this period in my life.

  I am able to wake up and say I am thankful for my children, which I am  literally brought to tears when I think of how strong my love is for them and what they mean to me.  I am thankful for a husband who for all my faults lets me be me and loves me for just that.  Parents who have an undying love for my children and WANT them around constantly.  My friends who are amazing, fun and loving.  I truly can say I have my best friend now and I know we will still be causing trouble together in our 80's! There really and truly is nothing to complain about in my life and for that I am thankful.
I guess what I am trying to say is looking back over the last year, I have learned a lot about Liz and I really do like the Liz that is here now. 

I have thought about all of this a great deal lately but today I decided to write about because of 3 strangers.  Today is the first day I could drive! (Yay!) and the first day of very little pain (Yay! again).  So I was out in Short Pump at Home Goods looking for stuff for our dining room redo.  While loading the couple of things I found into the back of my car a girl pulled up beside me and said, "Excuse me, I just have to tell you I love your boots!  Where did you get them?" I told her and then she said, "You are just so put together, your whole ensemble, I can just tell you love to shop and you look great!"  I thanked her and we went our separate ways.  I was floored!  I left the house today wearing a dress I was going to return because its too big.  I wore it thinking it would be comfy on my tummy.  My hair in my eyes, looked bad.  Yes, I do think my boots are cute, but in general it was an "I feel gross day".  So her saying that got me thinking, wow people really do see me differently then I see myself. So off I went to Trader Joe's.  As I was getting a cart there was a worker straightening them and he said.  "I love your boots, you look great!" I thanked him and said "Wow twice in 20 minutes!"  Then while shopping a lady was walking by me and tapped me on the shoulder and said "Great dress". I literally could have skipped through the store on clouds!
But besides these 3 strangers making my day, they also taught me a big lesson.  People really do look at me differently then I look at myself!  I need to realize I no longer look like the Liz of 5 months ago and 63 lbs heavier!  (Yep, guys I lost the 5lbs pounds I gained over the holiday and with the band not working.! Woot woot I am back to pre-holiday weight even with the surgery swelling)

So pay a stranger a compliment, you never know how much you will make their day!

P.S here is the boots and dress




but my dress is chocolate brown

No comments:

Post a Comment