Sunday, December 5, 2010

Old and creaky.......



That's how I feel, old and creaky.  The pain comes and goes.  I can go from doubled over to just fine in a matter of seconds.  There is no rhyme or reason to it, but sitting still seems to be the least painful way to go.  But for me and my lifestyle sitting still really doesn't work well.  I did go grocery shopping today, I just didn't unload them.  I cleaned up the house, just not the way I usually do.  One thing we are going to do is have a cleaning lady come in weekly through the end of January.  I did put the tree up last night, I just took it slow.  I try not to pick up Sophie very much  or do so from a sitting position.  So, in general I am just taking it as easy as my life allows.  I have already laid down the law about life for the month after surgery.  Momma is not doing anything.  Finn will go to Goddard full-time after PEDD for the month, and Sophie will be with mom. Pete will become re-acquainted with cleaning products and a broom. So other than that I will just need to make myself SIT STILL! Please Lord let there be lots of Real Housewives marathons on Bravo that month!

Now for the why this might have happen theory..... The port is/was attatched to the muscle.  Well, from what I have read, the muscles are even covered in some fat. As I lose weight, I also lose fat around organs and muscle too.  If the port was attached to a rather fatty place, then as the fat melted the port became looser and looser and just undid itself.  As far as why the tubing migrated, I have no idea!?

Other things that are still going on, HAIR LOSS!  Good Lord, this has got to stop soon.  Again, Thank God I had tons of hair before all of this! I will estimate I have lost close to 50% of my hair at this point.  I am taking lots of B complex and Biotin, I also started to use Nioxin.  Hopefully it will stop soon.  I am optimistic it will!

Now for happy stuff.  I have had a blast lately buying new clothes and just enjoying putting on make-up, getting dressed and looking nice.  What a great feeling!  I had totally lost all of that before.  I dreaded getting dressed and hardly wore make-up.  I am down from a size 30 to a 22 and sometimes a 20.  Psychologically it is hard to get myself to buy those sizes.  I am still trying to take 28's into the dressing room!  I got fitted for a bra the other day and I should wear a 40C, my stupid tail still bought a 42C.;  Baby steps, baby steps.

1 comment: