Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Captins log.....

Current weight 265, total weigh loss 47lbs.  I was really liking all this until about last week.  Everything I eat now gets stuck!  It is painful and embarrassing and I really hate it.  I put a call in to the doctor today and I am waiting for a callback.

I am assuming they will do either of these things:
1) Remove all the fluid and put me on liquids for awhile, then refill back to 4cc (I have 6cc now).
2) Remove 1cc and see how that goes.

I would far rather go with option 2.  I really do not want to go to 0 and start over, since I have never experienced the band empty.  I imagine I will be very hungry and not enjoy life very much until they fill it again.  But I am jumping the gun.

So, you may wonder what it feels like to get food stuck.  I will try and explain it.  Have you every gorged yourself on your favorite food? I mean eat until there is actually no more room, so the food just kinda sits in the esophagus.  Think Thanksgiving and you might get the idea. Well, it feels like that, but then add the worst indigestion pain you have ever felt.  Then the burping starts.  After you burp you feel better for a minute.  I think that is because the burp lifts the food up and off the band temporarily.  The food then sits back down on the band and it all starts over again.  This goes on for about 30 minutes.  It really sucks.  Now the other crappy thing about it is, you might have been starving hungry before you ate that bite.  But once it gets stuck, you are not hungry anymore. My theory on this is that the food is sitting on the band, so it is telling the band to tell your brain you are full.  If this happens early in the meal, as it has been for me, I either don't eat anymore or I force more down knowing the tiny bit I ate will not sustain me. 
I have two fears associated with this problem.
1) I am damaging the band and pouch by stretching it
2) I am screwing up the hernia repair


Needless to say, momma ain't happy.  Anyone who said this is the easy way out should really read this!

Also, we are currently  knee deep in the kitchen remodel, which is not fun, but it will be so worth it!So no functioning kitchen right now.

I am going to try and end this on a happy note though, I have gone down 4 to 5 sizes depending on where the clothes are from! And the current sizes are getting too loose.

2 comments:

  1. Would love to see some new pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im really proud of you. I bet the whole food getting stuck thing is for the birds! As Tish said, we would love to see some recent pics :)

    ReplyDelete