Monday, June 20, 2011

Absence of Malice: Rehab Day 1

Try -
–verb (used with object)
1.to attempt to do or accomplish: Try it before you say it's simple.
2.to test the effect or result of (often followed by out ): to try a new method; to try a recipe out.
3.to endeavor to evaluate by experiment or experience: to try a new field; to try a new book.

You try a great deal of things in life.  You try to do well, be upstanding, live life to it's fullest and be as good or better as the generation before you. You also do simple things like trying a new sport, new foods, new hairstyles, etc.  In trying new things one thing is inevitable, failing.  If you do not realize that failing could be an option, even though no one wants it, then you quite possibly are setting yourself up for a great let down.  You start all new things with a gun-ho vigor that could take down the biggest obstacles. Things are great, you are the Guru of your new found "try" and then it happens.  Life, old habits, monotony, etc and the "try" becomes a fail.  
In the past I have been known to turn a "try" into a fail on numerous occasions.  I love to try new things, projects and tasks, I just hate following through.  I find another new thing to "try" and never finish the first one.  It's a pattern I am attempting to correct.  Today is the restart of Rehab.  I have had fun, taken my eye off the goal and now I am once again focused.  

Like any good Rehab, mine is starting with detox!  Whats that entail? Well the downloading of  a calorie counting app (I am using a free one called Calorie Counter by FatSecret) was my first step this morning.  I will use it to manage exercise, calories and protein used in a day.   My second step this morning was filling a 20oz water bottle with water and drinking it (after a mug of coffee).  Third, eating breakfast, which I combined with step 4 drinking a protein shake.  Step 5, planning a lunch and eating what was planned.  

So far so good.  Want to know what I have eaten today so far:
Breakfast:
8oz 2% milk w/ sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast added and a tsp of instant expresso

Snack:
Dannon DanActive Immunity Yogurt Shot (blueberry)

Lunch:
1/2 large Pink Lady Apple
1/2 serving of Oscar Meyer Deli Express Grilled Chicken mixed with:
1 Hard Boiled Egg &
1 tbsp Ken's Steakhouse lite Honey Mustard Dressing (yeah, it was kinda gross)

So far so good.  I am hungry (I need a fill badly, but keep forgetting to call maybe I should do that now, LOL).  The big test will be dinner and after. I have/had been in a bad habit of eating nothing all day, then eating a big (big for me) dinner, then having a Margaritta or glass of wine and snacking.  One thing I am planning to do to stop the snacking is drinking a decaf coffee, and if I need to snack having veggies dipped in FF dressing.  I wanted to add to that I feel with any huge thing in your life, by that I mean something that takes a great deal of effort and a lot of time, you need to reinvent it and refresh it every so often. 
I also plan to exercise at night.  My parents gave me the fit board thingy for our Wii.  I ordered Julian Michaels (barf, I can not stand her, but obviously I need her) and Golds Gym Wii games.  I hope they show up today.  I will *try (read above to see that I lose interest quickly, LOL) to write a blog daily.  I think it will be helpful, but boring for you guys.  Maybe you will enjoy seeing what I eat everyday, maybe it will help you!  
The other thing I did over the last week is rid my life of a toxic relationship that was causing some stress.  I am a stress eater and I just don't need malice in my relationships.  Friendships should be rewarding and fulfilling for all people involved, not hurtful and stressful.  
 
So guys here we go again! Who's with me?

Current weigh 235

3 comments:

  1. Following you every step of the way and pulling for you in a BIG way! Sounds like you are on the right track with journaling and a plan. I just recently got the EA Active Sports (2) for Wii and love the workouts. Maybe we can find a time to go walking together. I'd be up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!!! I also recommend the EA Active game for Wii!! I have it and love it...when I do it! It is a great workout!! Which I REALLY need to start doing again as I am creeping way higher on the scale than I am comfortable with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe Amy Winehouse is gone! So Sad! I know you will have better luck!!

    ReplyDelete