Monday, November 1, 2010

Things are getting alittle hairy around here.....

My hair is falling out in handfuls!  I heard this might happen, but thought, well I have tons of hair it won't matter.  I was wrong, it matters!  Your hair is a big deal and I am learning that the hard way!  I think this started because of the kitchen repairs and my inability to get a protein shake in everyday.  I noticed it about a week into no protein shakes, and it is just getting worse.  I am back on the shakes but man every time I run my fingers through my hair there is tons in my hands.  It is also breaking off!  Anyone have any ideas here? Anything vitamin or mineral wise I can do?

Now lets talk vitamins.  I hate mine.  I do chewables because I am afraid to swallow the big vitamin pills.  I hate the way they taste, they make me gage.  So I never take them.  That ends today!

Weight loss:  Well there has not been anymore.  I need a fill and have been able to eat way more than I should.  Plus I am drinking while I am eating when I go out.  That too stops today.  I want to lose 20 more pounds by Christmas.  If I can do that I will be in the 230's, which in the big scheme of things is very close to being at my goal of under 200.  So in order to acheive my goals I am eating right again, doing shakes, taking vitamins and not eating and drinking together.  The other big thing holding me back is alcohol.  So once every 2 weeks is my goal there.

I look at these last 2 weeks not as a set back, but as being normal.  Sometimes you fall into a rut and sometimes you do too much of a bad thing.  That's OK as long as you come back to the cleaner side of living. So call me squeeky, because I am clean now, hairless but clean.  Bald is in again, right?

2 comments:

  1. You should be proud of how far you have come and realize everyday is a new day especially in the world of dieting....I leared real quick that even if I screwed up for a day ( or a week) that didnt mean the next day I couldnt get back on track and have the same great results! You will make your goal Im sure of it...The holidays are hard for eating and drinking so be easy on yourself you still have to live your life and have fun!!! Your doing AWESOME keep up the great work!! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish each day and be done with it! You have done all you could...-Ralph Waldo Emerson.

    This is a quote that sits on my desk at work. I think it applies to many situations!

    Keep it up!
    Karol

    ReplyDelete